The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

WWI Pilot Photographer Photos

Pip23

HI . I am new to the forum but wanted to share some photos. These came from the estate of a Pilot who took Aerial photographs during the war. Most are large photos , a couple are stateside after the war while still in the service. I have a few others that dont involve him or his unit but they were taken by his unit of other soldiers if anyone is interested. Most of these photos are 9 1/2 by 7 inches.

1st One is labeled 

"U.S 7 CORPS A-19 A 3d ARMY CARNIVAL COBLENZ GER. HORSE SHOW REVIEW BY GEN PERSHING GRN DICKMAN AND SEC BAKER 26-4-19 16TH PHOTO SECTION"

WWI 001.JPG

Ok looks like it will let me upload more. 3rd Photo. Hard to make out some letters

"U.S. 3A 9H5Q B85 10-1-19 11H 100M 52CM. AIRDROME , KARTHOUSE , COBLENZ LOOKING N.E."

WWI 007.JPG

• Admin

Hi Pip23

If someone posts an additional post on the same thread within 2 minutes, the posts re merged to make it easier to read the thread. As you are also including attachments, there is an additional total size limit per post (something we are looking at changing)

As you have multiple images, you might want to consider uploading them to the Gallery  and linking to them from there.

Glen

GWF Admin Team

• Admin

Looks good. If you want to comment on a particular image, click on it in the Gallery and copy the address from the address bar at the top of your browser and copy it into a post. Like this