The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Army Records Society

paulgranger

Do we know if this is till a going concern? It doesn't appear to have published anything since 2014, though it still has a web presence.

It was still going last November, when its most recent volume was published. It normally publishes one (occasionally two) a year, and seems to have several on the stocks.

Possibly they have run out of the spare copies on the 2015 and 2016 volumes which they print for later sale, mainly to members who want to fill up gaps in their collections. Try Googling Hall McCartney, who are their agents. IIRC they are based in Herts somewhere.

Ron

Edited by Ron Clifton

Thank you, I will investigate further 

The 2015 volume 35 is "The Diary of Corporal Vince Schurhoff, 1914-1918." His family came to Britain from Germany in the nineteenth century and he served in the RE Signal Service, working particularly in signals intelligence.

The 2016 volume 36 is "Liaison: General Pierre des Vallieres at British GHQ, 1916-17." He was unsympathetic to the British on the whole, but after being promoted to command a French division he was killed in action.

I must say I found both volumes very good reads, and I hope you can find copies. The ARS only sells to members but copies turn up in second-hand lists from time to time. Of course, the answer may simply be that the website hasn't been updated! but, as I said before, they may have cut down on the extra copies they print, or their membership may have grown more than expected since the size of the print run was set.

Ron