The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Publisher Help

SouthsideChaz

I recently used Kindle books for a small project. I have a much larger project on the go where I am researching 54 names on a lesser known war memorial where I live.

At the moment I am up to 64 a4 pages with more work needed. Can anyone recommend a publisher. Don't even know if there is a market for this.

49 minutes ago, SouthsideChaz said:

I recently used Kindle books for a small project. I have a much larger project on the go where I am researching 54 names on a lesser known war memorial where I live.

At the moment I am up to 64 a4 pages with more work needed. Can anyone recommend a publisher. Don't even know if there is a market for this.

I've self published (just need to review the proof copy) - you can use Amazon Print on Demand / KIndle Direct publishing (which allows print versions of ebooks) for it. - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Print-on-Demand-Guide/b?ie=UTF8&node=9534081031

I'm currently trying createspace (owned by amazon)  www.createspace.com

I'll probably use the same method for my book(s) on the war gratuity.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

1 hour ago, SouthsideChaz said:

Don't even know if there is a market for this.

The market will be the immediate local community.

The local newspaper should be a source of free advertising, particularly if you can give them a good human interest story from the write-ups. The run-up to 11/11 is always a good time for this. Local history societies are also likely to plug this to members. Offer to go and give them a talk about some of the men - take copies of the book to flog. There may be other societies that have guest speakers. Pitch something to the "head of history" at the local secondary school - suggest her/him using the research with students to give a "human face" to the curriculum.

Hi

I also suggest your local history groups. They often publish small runs and will know a suitable printer

example see http://www.ryedalefamilyhistory.org/publications---books-1-c.asp

regards

Jon