The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

2nd Lt P G Clark K.R.R.C.

Terry Carter

Blimey!  I'm totally gobsmacked with the time you have spent researching Percy George Clark. The results are extremely interesting. Thanks again 

Pulled his officers file today, seems like he spent a lot of time with the R.E. in transportation being posted to the 52nd Railhead and 64th Divisional Train. Just downloading his file and sending to Mark, can't have these old redcoats on my hard-drive, whatever next, sheesh :o

Quite a big file though and at one time it was mixed up with another officers file of the same name in The Munster Fusiliers but was sorted out, seemed he liked to avoid medical boards.

Originally signed up in the A.S.C. as SS/621.

Andy

Edited by stiletto_33853

2 hours ago, stiletto_33853 said:

Pulled his officers file today, seems like he spent a lot of time with the R.E. in transportation being posted to the 52nd Railhead and 64th Divisional Train. Just downloading his file and sending to Mark, can't have these old redcoats on my hard-drive, whatever next, sheesh.

Quite a big file though and at one time it was mixed up with another officers file of the same name in The Munster Fusiliers but was sorted out, seemed he liked to avoid medical boards.

Originally signed up in the A.S.C. as SS/621.

Andy

Thanks Andy!

A lot to go through, compounded by his file being mixed up with another officer called Clarke in the Munsters.

One thing I've spotted already, which helps explain the emigration to Salt Lake City, Utah - his Religious Denomination on his Attestation Form is Church of the Latter Day Saints, so he was indeed a Mormon.

Mark

Percy's record also includes 5-6 pages of the record of Lt Peter Gordon CLARK, Tank Corps!

The saga of Percy's injuries from his riding accident is very lengthy!  I'll attempt to write it up soon, but I have a busy few days ahead and it might be midweek next week before I can do this.

So far I've not spotted anything relating to the alleged irregularities on handling a dead officer's personal effects, but the papers are somewhat jumbled up and include misfiles from at least two other officers.

1 hour ago, delta said:

Good spot  - thank you

Stephen - I assume you've already seen my more detailed post in the main Lt Peter Gordon Clark, Tank Corps  topic here ...