The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

POW Database and the 16th Highland Light Infantry

Woody

I have been looking at the superb on-line database for POW's created from WO161. I have a fair bit of research to 16th Highland Light Infantry men mostly based on the HLI Chronicle records. I have information on approx another 50 men who were prisoners of war. Is it worth adding these to the database or is there a another list kept of POW's who are not listed in WO161?

Gary Wood

Woody

I think the database should stay as an index to WO161. I don't see why we can't build another one to add all the different sources. This is something that Chris suggested a while ago. It might be an idea to contact him and see if he still plans to do it.

Mick

Guest Ian Bowbrick

An additional database would be an excellent idea - I have the details of several men not included in WO 161 whose accounts as POWs would be an interesting addition to the excellent work already carried out.

Ian :)

I'm very happy to add another POW database, to gather in all the known POWs that do not appear in the WO161 index. However, what I need is a volunteer. I would set up the database, and a data entry page. Those with info would email to the volunteer, who would then enter the data. Any takers?