Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Chatham Dockyard ledgers: employees, apprentices, etc

seaJane

Do you know of any detailed records of casualties passing through Chatham RNH. It’s one area of my Grandfathers medical evacuation from Gallipoli via Malta that I cannot find anywhere. I have a copy of his Army Form 103 Casualty Form that traces his movement from CCS in Gallipoli to RNH Malta (although I’m not sure which one but probably Bighi) back to UK but after that I’ve drawn a blank. Any pointers would be much appreciated. 

Do you have a name? Thanks.

Also, is it definitely RNH? There was an Army hospital at Chatham too. As far as I can find, no Naval hospital muster lists (ADM 102) survive at TNA Kew for the 1914-1919 period. They may still be with the rest of the modern Defence archives at Swadlincote.

Edited by seaJane

On 12/06/2020 at 13:19, seaJane said:

Do you have a name? Thanks.

Also, is it definitely RNH? There was an Army hospital at Chatham too. As far as I can find, no Naval hospital muster lists (ADM 102) survive at TNA Kew for the 1914-1919 period. They may still be with the rest of the modern Defence archives at Swadlincote.

Thanks seaJane. He was Petty Officer Evan Thomas Ellis MZ205. He was Collingwood Battalion RND. He was admitted to Chatham Hospital on 30th June 1915 but doesn’t specify RNH. However he was readmitted to RNH Chatham on 9/11/1915 as case number 312.