The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Belgian Order of the Crown

Ian Riley

Just looking a small and rather random collection of medals for a friend whose father-in-law has recently died ("Are these worth anything he says as a 1917 DCM falls out of the small box). I found this which may or may not have WW1 connections. Can anyone confirm that this is the Belgian Order of the Crown ('Knight' as there is no evidence of the rosette on the ribbon) or suggest and alternative. Grateful for any replies. Thanks

QR 2877 Order of the Crown Query (Obverse).jpg

QR 2877 Order of the Crown Query (Reverse).jpg

Yes it is the Belgian Order of the Crown.  The Royal Cypher in the centre was for recipients in Military forces, whether Belgian or foreign.

1 hour ago, FROGSMILE said:

Yes it is the Belgian Order of the Crown.  The Royal Cypher in the centre was for recipients in Military forces, whether Belgian or foreign.

Second time this evening that I express my gratitude. Thank you very much. 

By way of return I notice that the RWF features as your avatar. It may be outside your field of interest but the same small box produced a BWM and AVM to a Pte C Thompson 82375 RWF (Medal Roll indicates 26th Bn RWF and is annotated 'Infantry Base Depôt') with a TEM (George V) to Sjt C Thompson 3517154 of 6/7 Bn The Manchester Regiment providing a link to subsequent service in the TA - this is not a query but it might help complete someone's jigsaw in the RWF circle. 

21 minutes ago, Ian Riley said:

Second time this evening that I express my gratitude. Thank you very much. 

By way of return I notice that the RWF features as your avatar. It may be outside your field of interest but the same small box produced a BWM and AVM to a Pte C Thompson 82375 RWF (Medal Roll indicates 26th Bn RWF and is annotated 'Infantry Base Depôt') with a TEM (George V) to Sjt C Thompson 3517154 of 6/7 Bn The Manchester Regiment providing a link to subsequent service in the TA - this is not a query but it might help complete someone's jigsaw in the RWF circle. 

Thank you.  I wonder what his role was at the IBD.  Perhaps base details.