The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Courts Martial

Troyon1914

2 minutes ago, Troyon1914 said:

gbrmil1914r4pt2_137752-00585.jpg.93db4bdab409782815436258751dce11.jpg

Not a good disciplinary record.

Was wondering if the record contained anything which might relate to his pension/rejection ??

M

There you are Matlock1418, one of several of Walter's charge sheets, thankyou for the pension information and explanation of the content, Walter suffered Dysentery and shell shock to boot, being a collier he would have been a tough cookie.

27 minutes ago, Troyon1914 said:

There you are Matlock1418, one of several of Walter's charge sheets, thankyou for the pension information and explanation of the content, Walter suffered Dysentery and shell shock to boot, being a collier he would have been a tough cookie.

17 minutes ago, Troyon1914 said:

gbrmil1914r4pt2_137752-00571.jpg.afa15c205f491b67d1394043f52d52e6.jpg

Thanks.

A puzzling sheets and pension award - puzzling as lots of No Tremor, No insomnia, etc. and No symptoms etc. - So what was the pension for ??

At least my earlier interpretation of the Board's assessment/20% ajudication was right.

Can't explain the Rej on the PIC or what followed for any pension - It could have been reviewed and thereafter rejected/withdrawn I suppose. ??

Clearly it wasn't an initial outright rejection as such PIC for rejected claims commonly have a rejection reference number stamped in large characters at the top of the PIC [which this man's doesn't] = ???

M

Edit: Any further Medical Board papers? - Was he re-examined?

Edited by Matlock1418
edit

6 hours ago, Matlock1418 said:

Edit: Any further Medical Board papers? - Was he re-examined?

There is a parallel application ............

WD.png

11 hours ago, TullochArd said:

There is a parallel application ............

WD.png

Thanks.  I can't see the whole of that 'unburnt' record but it does seem he was re-examined and possible/likely? his Dysentry had continued to trouble him as Gastritis at the 20% disability degree.

M

Edited by Matlock1418

Morning Matlock ,here is further evidence of Walter, we seem to be drifting away from my original request for Joe's desertion (my fault entirely) but just to say Walter died in 1957 aged 67 years.

2 hours ago, Troyon1914 said:

walter.png

2 hours ago, Troyon1914 said:

here is further evidence of Walter, we seem to be drifting away from my original request for Joe's desertion (my fault entirely) but just to say Walter died in 1957 aged 67 years.

Apologies, but was following your steer for Walter DRURY. :D

I'll comment on the above and then leave it [if you wish - Not sure I can add much more anyway]

Good to see how the claim was presented.

Quite a range of quite vague conditions reported that seem to have promted his claim(s) now including Pyrexia of Unknown Origin and Rhematism = Glad he creaked on for a reasonablely longer innings.

I'm afraid I can't offer more on the desertion matter for Joseph DRURY - short of Court Martial records unless it was mentioned in the press or perhaps in other correspondence/records = ???

M

Edited by Matlock1418

Matlock no need for apoloogies,it was myself who initiated the chat on Walter and i thank you for your interest and explanations. I will try and persue Joe's case,just to push the Walter thing a bit further,whenever i see the Malins film of the Lancashire Fusiliers 1st July 1916 i always look for a family resemblance in those faces,as that is the area he was buried by a shell explosion and may account for his bad conduct!

• RussT changed the title to Courts Martial