The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Major Minden C C Pinching

PPCLI

Revisiting this thread!

Was trying to remember what I had helped Stuart on before and thought I'd add a bit more...

The Times 17-7-1935

Marriages

WARNER:CROFT - On July 11, 1935 at St Paul's, Knightsbridge, John Weston, elder son of the late Stuart W. Warner and of Mrs M. C. C. Pinching, of Ardley House, Bicester, to Joan, elder daughter of the late Guy Croft and Mrs Croft of North Aston, Oxfordshire.

From various issues of the Times.

Second Lieutenant - M C C Pinching, gent., to be Second Lieutenant, 5th Lancs Fusiliers. 8-5-1900

Lieutenant - 2nd Dragoon Guards to complete establishment. 26-7-1901

Appointed Adjutant of 2nd Dragoon Guards, July 1903.

Promoted Captain with 2nd Dragoon Guards, 2-4-1907.

1908-1914 Polo player and member of Garth Hunt.

October 1914 - Military weddings to take place:

Minden C. C. Pinching, King's Bays, and Evelyn Percy Warner, widow of Mr Stuart Weston Warner, of Shrewsbury.

LG 4-12-1900

War Office, Pall Mall, 4th December, 1900.

2nd Dragoon Guards, Second Lieutenant Minden Charles Cardigan Pinching, from 5th Battalion the Lancashire Fusiliers, to be Second Lieutenant, on augmentation. Dated 5th December, 1900.

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/archiveVi...;selHonourType=

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for remembering Major MCC Pinching (I suppose the names Minden Charles Cardigan do tend to stick in the memory). I have written up his mini-biography but some of your info is new to me, so I will update it where necessary.

Minden Pinching was buried at Tilford (All Saints) Churchyard, Surrey; would any forum member down that way be able to take a photograph of his headstone for me? According to the CWGC he is buried south-west of church.

East Midlands meet-up: looking forward to Saturday at the castle. See you (and everyone else) there.

Cheers,

Stuart

Blow it!

Marriages are for October 1913, not 1914!

Steve.

• 5 years later...

If anyone is still watching this forum, Minden Pinching attended Wellington College, Crowthorne in Berkshire (Picton House) and appears on their Roll of Honour. If you contact the school, they can give you the dates he was there and may hold other details as well.

Andrewr