The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

T306579 James Henry Jackson Table III B. 178 Form?

I've not posted the image, but I'm trying to decipher the writing and meaning to a couple of entries on his form? Wondering if I am right or if anyone can help on the shorthand as I see it? 

Vac 3L ? Vaccination? 'L' is left arm? What might the 3 be? 

TA B.1 ?     TA not sure, B.1 the medical catagory? 

Then an entry from No. 8 Travelling Medical Board - CT- Witton Camp dated 4/6/17 and a final stamp dated 21/8/18 from the same medical board, and a B1 underneath that. Would it mean some form of 1 year treatment under that medical board before being signed off just over a year later? Unfortunately the other over stamp isn't clear enough to make a guess. 

Any help gratefully recieved   

• Admin

Please can you post and acknowledge the source of the image. Will be easier to see it.

Posted (edited)

OK, thanks. File is from the Military Archive via Ancestry, downloaded on my account 

To add, his B 103 form (uploaded) states (in an unusual place on the form) received from 8 MTB 26/8/18    B1  so I guess that means he had time out and his medical form is that missing year of his life under treatment? 

Medical History_1.JPGimage.png.c53f9605cfd5cab8e9d15bd917660e19.png

Edited by IanJ

TAB stands for Typhoid [and paratyphoid] A [and paratyphoid] B, a vaccine which I believe came into use in 1916-1917. 

I haven't quite been able to clarify, but the separate elements may have required individual doses.

sJ

Edited by seaJane

Excellent information, thanks. I'd never have guessed that in a month of Sundays 

My pleasure.