The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

dardanelles counterstamped 1914 half crown

yeniden11

is there any recording about gallipoi campaign counterstamped half crown. i countered an 1914 half crown counterstamped 15 piastres. the characteristic of letters are same as on surcharged ten shillings and one pound banknotes. does it mean these coin stamped at treasury mint? is there any other example of this counterstamped coins? i could not find on myy search. what may be the price of this coin? following links are coin images: 

i could not find any racords for this coin. i searched  the currency of the great war published in 1921 by benjamin white.. and there is no information for this coin. but there are informations about other counterstamped coins of every countr including britain. so this coin may be the only example of its kind .. not known to numismatic world.. or it is rare but known .. i am traying to learn this.  and the appr. value  at auction.. 

There are references by veterans to overprinted money, which appeared in the earliest issues of The Gallipolian (the journal of The Gallipoli Association).  The mentions cover the period from the date of the original landing up to the beginning of the Suvla offensive. However these refer to banknotes only, not to coins.
Which makes one wonder, if the coin is genuine, then perhaps it was issued during another campaign in a country using a similar alphabet and script - eg: Palestine/Syria or Mesopotamia? 

i thought the possibility of issued during anorther campaign. the alphabet is arabic but  script is turkish.  According to British Treasury document number T1/11863, the issuance was executed in May-June 1915. Dr. John Bullen of the Imperial War Museum in London, Dec. 12, 2001. Dr. Bullen examined Inland Revenue documents and found that the issuance took plae on May 21, 1915. His letter further supports the claim that the banknotes were shipped to Malta and Alexandria. i need these kind of offcial record for coins..