The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Pte/Lcpl 1644 Joe Jackson. Military Foot Police/ Labour Corps.

Andycoins

I am really struggling to find any information about Pte/Lcpl 1644 Joe Jackson MFP,(later Labour Corps),other than service in Gallipoli,then Egypt where he contracts Dysentry in Dec 18 and is in Alexandria hospital.Any information would be appreciated as I have his 14-15 Star trio.

• Bob Davies changed the title to Pte/Lcpl 1644 Joe Jackson. Military Foot Police/ Labour Corps.

His LC number of 622727 was in the block (621000 to around 622800) that were issued in Egypt between July and September 1918.

disembarked 20.10.1915 and to class Z 7.3.1919

one MIC only shows entitled to a pair but does have a roll for the 14/15 star confirming both numbers.

interestingly, there was another J Jackson P3335 a L/Cpl in the Military Foot Police. Also with a pair MIC

6 hours ago, Allan1892 said:

His LC number of 622727 was in the block (621000 to around 622800) that were issued in Egypt between July and September 1918.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, chaz said:

disembarked 20.10.1915 and to class Z 7.3.1919

one MIC only shows entitled to a pair but does have a roll for the 14/15 star confirming both numbers.

interestingly, there was another J Jackson P3335 a L/Cpl in the Military Foot Police. Also with a pair MIC

Thank you.Any idea where my guy was born/from?

tricky,

Joseph Jackson ( born 1890 +-10 years my normal setting) produces far too many options, depending if he has another name/initial.

I will add, this is normal for medal collectors.

those who died and some , with a wound or illness  serious to receive a pension, or prisoner, would have more paperwork. But those who returned unharmed are often unknown, mainly thanks to the blitz.

one possibility , is checking for a police roll but as it seems he transferred early into the Labour Corps, maybe unlikely any thing exists.

Edited by chaz
medal collecting

3 hours ago, chaz said:

tricky,

Joseph Jackson ( born 1890 +-10 years my normal setting) produces far too many options, depending if he has another name/initial.

I will add, this is normal for medal collectors.

those who died and some , with a wound or illness  serious to receive a pension, or prisoner, would have more paperwork. But those who returned unharmed are often unknown, mainly thanks to the blitz.

one possibility , is checking for a police roll but as it seems he transferred early into the Labour Corps, maybe unlikely any thing exists.

Just J (Joe) on the IWM lives remebered as Joe Jackson,and medal inscription.Thanks anyway.