The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Great War Map Series

Paul Hederer

More than interested - Great work

Glyn

I would really interested in purcgasing a relief map of the Somme battlefield areas as outlined in a previous post. I am cobbling a trip together for March 2006

(which pals from this community have been so helpful) with a few friends from work and this would be a great tool to help with identifying and explaining the ground that had to be covered ( I wouldn't presume to try and explain the conditions).

A really worthwhile project and I wish you the very best with it.

please include me on the prospective purchasers list for the Somme maps

John Jarman

Paul

Fantastic work, please add me to your list of fans.

Peter :D

Paul,

Please put me on your list of definitely interested people!! I think your maps are great. I cant read maps to save my life but even I can work out whats going on with yours!! Keep up the good work.

Jayne W :)

Just a quick update. The elevation data is (finally) finished. The colors are still a bit garish, as that helps me to keep them straight while placing them.

Somme area, from the river, north along the British sector, shown 15% of actual size, 10 meter contours:

Somme.2.png

Paul

Paul,

I'd just like to say how good these maps are and that the 3D topographical map of Verdun really helped the other week.

Your plan to do a series of Great War maps in this quality and with this level of detail, or even more showing trench lines, too, can only be applauded.

Look forward to more. Many thanks,

David

David,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad the Verdun map was of help.

I've refined the data a bit more even since you left for your trip, decreasing the error factor a bit.

I look forward to your GPS data, and seeing your route.

Paul

I love the 3D map of verdun. The maps I had seen did not talk to me at all. This 3D map posted august 15 is like an air view. Wonderful! :)

• 6 months later...