The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

The Nek

mcderms

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info about the November release date for Peter Burness's new edition of The Nek, although I do have a copy of the 1996 edition, a copy of the re-write will be a must have.

Also good to have a report on the Western Australia launch of The Price of Valour, thanks Shirley and Sandra, by the way, is that a real live horse in the hall?

Finished reading my copy of The Price of Valour a couple of weeks ago, it is a great read as were John Hamilton's two other books, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

HM

No the horse was not a live one :)

Phil Sullivan has a Light Horse Display, and he takes it to schools, country shows etc. The model horse and mannequin are decked in complete WW1 attire, and there are medals, photographs and all manner of memorabilia as befits the occasion.

Cheers

Shirley

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Scott & Peter

Had not been checking since my last post, great to know that the re-write of The Nek is now on sale. From the AWM the latest edition of The Nek looks good with a new cover, and I notice a change with the title from the 1996 edition.

Had another look this evening at the prices being asked for the original book, Amazon still has five copies available from $74.99, and the highest price being asked is now $578,29, should imagine that the new version retailing at $35 will knock the wind out of those kind of prices. Also notice that the book is available on Kindle.

Anyone read it yet?

HM