The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Change soldiers CWGC details.

Chris

I am sure this will have been discussed on here several times, but i have recently confirmed an error on the entry for Trooper 2048 James Dow of the Household Battalion, and wondered who i contacted at the CWGC and what documentation they needed to see, to be able to change his date of death from the 14/4/17 to the correct date of 11/4/17.

Chris

Contact CWGC on casualty.enq@cwgc.org

You will need to provide what evidence you have for the change. An entry in SDGW is not sufficient. Email them first as it may be a simple clerical error.

Thank you Terry, i will email the CWGC asap, as the evidence is from several documents photocopied from his service records at the PRO. With reference to SDGW CD, iam not sure if they have the correct date on the CD version [Could someone with access to SDGW CD be able to confirm the date it gives for James Dow's death]. When i researched this soldier i used the book form of Soldiers Died which gave date of death as 11/4/17, but i, m sure when i was cross checking with the CD in the library his date of death was 14/4/17, but being silly i didnt print it out or write it down.

Chris

Thanks Tom.