The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

David Ferguson RASC

Jim Kane

Can anyone suggest where I can find the place David Ferguson S4/143439 of the RASC died, he was born and enrolled in Edinburgh, I am led to believe he died 31-01-1916 some where in the UK, it is not known whether he died of wounds or illness. There is no trace of a death certificate in the Scottish records.

Thanks,

Jim

Looks like he died at home. Married to Jessie in Conisburgh, Fife, buried in Kilconquhar Parish Churchyard. Conisburgh is not far from Kilconquhar.

If he had died at one of the Hospitals down south he would most likelyhave been buried near one. Are you assuming his body was brought home ?

Have you looked for different spelling ( the right way ;) in a death certificate?

CWGC may have more details in the Fife Registers.

Aye

Malcolm

Malcom,

I am fairly confidant the spelling is correct, I know from experience the problem this can cause, my own Great grandfather changed his name from McKean to Kean then finally Kane, it made researching the family history difficult at first, we have no knowledge as to where David ferguson died, however it will be worthwhile rechecking the Scottish records, thanks for the tip re CWGC Fife records I will look at that also.

Jim