The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Loos 1915 by Nick Lloyd

Jonathan Saunders

Glad it's not just me !

anyone want to sell a copy?

Mick D

Blackwell Online had some copies last week so I ordered it and have just received my copy. Just had a quick peek again and they seem to be out of stock now too. Is it due to come out in paperback or something?

From reading a few of the above comments and looknig on a few internet book sites it does seem not everyone has copies, which perhaps means it's comnig to the end of stocks levels or the publisher is slow at depatching to his suppliers.

WH Smiths and Waterstones still offer a 5 day delivery so perhaps it's the latter, another indicator is amazon who usually put the price up when it's coming to the end of the print run......

WH Smiths, Waterstones, Amazon and Abebooks all list it but none have it in stock, the publishers were unaware of any reprint happening, so I guess I've missed out !

Mick D

For Mick....I've sometimes found www.bookfinder.com very good for sourcing 'hard to find' books....it seems to be a consolidated web site for hundreds of book dealers....might be worth a look....

Yes, certain books are almost impossible to find now after a single print run: take Under the Devil's Eye, which Alan Wakefield and I wrote. Amazon.co.uk is down to two copies, if you wish to pay over £43 quid. Given that there are no other Salonika books about really, it is a bit of a shame!

Simon Moody

Yes, certain books are almost impossible to find now after a single print run: take Under the Devil's Eye, which Alan Wakefield and I wrote. Amazon.co.uk is down to two copies, if you wish to pay over £43 quid. Given that there are no other Salonika books about really, it is a bit of a shame!

Simon Moody

Under The Devil's Eye is still available (just) at Amazon.ca for £17 (so under the duty limit) plus about £7 postage, if anyone's interested. I ordered a copy from Amazon.com (unfortunately out of stock as well now) which is on its way across the pond. Getting hold of some recent WW1 books appears to be quite a challenge!

I've ordered a copy from a UK shop that had 3 in stock !, if anyone else is searching for a copy I can point you in the right direction!

Mick D