The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Amazing new book in French

healdav

At long last, after a gestation period that would disgrace a herd of elephants, my book has been published.

It is in French (not that that will deter anyone on this forum) and is entitled:

L'Invasion du Luxembourg 1914

ISBN 2846730067

Publisher: YSEC

It can be bought through any bookshop in France and Belgium, and is also available through FNAC and their website. From Britain or elsewhere, google FNAC and then put HEA as author's name. It pèops straight up.

The book tells of the build up to WW1 as as seen in Luxembourg and using contemporary documents, newspapers, etc. only. Then it tells of the two invasions in detail - you can follow the invasion step by step and minute by minute along each road and railway used and the reaction of the locals at most road junctions. Find out how an unarmed Luxembourg gendarme on his bicycle put the German army to flight!

There are about 50 contemporary photos, and a few 'now' photos as well.

I look forward to my pension being significantly enhanced due to royalty payments.

If anyone owns a publishing house that would like to do an English language edition, please get in touch.

Félicitations. I was in FNAC St Lazare this morning and have to admit I didn't see it piled high to the ceiling, but perhaps it was because all available copies had been snatched up. :unsure: Or perhaps it was because I happened to be looking for CDs, not books B)

Anyway, I will certainly look out for it. I assume you're not looking for a translator for the English version.

cheers Martin B

Congratulations. I look forward to getting a copy.

I look forward to my pension being significantly enhanced due to royalty payments.
;)

Robert

Congratulations. I look forward to getting a copy.

;)

Robert

Well, if everyone on this forum was to be buy 20 copies for next year's Christmas presents it would help.

• 1 year later...

Just to let everyone know that the book "L'Invasion du Luxembourg, 1914" has completely sold out the first edition and the second edition is now out.

The cover has been changed, the photos enlarged, the captions redone, text layout improved, etc. and some printers and publishers typos removed (and a new one put in!).

It is still available from AMAZON.FR, FNAC, etc.

Now waiting for the royalties and the film offers.