The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

HMS Sultan WW2

Deryn

Hello Horatio2,

Thank you very much for the information. I have attached a link that explains more about my enquiry. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is this authentic?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1345898362/vintage-seaman-hat-named-hms-sultan-in?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=veryard&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&edd=1&organic_search_click=1 

• Admin

A reminder of the forum rules

Members may not comment, or seek comment on the accuracy of description or honesty of any item offered for sale whether on line or in other places (including, but not limited to, Auctions and Ebay).

On 11/12/2022 at 15:05, AJ Verayrd said:

Hi, I have enjoyed reading many of the topics. I live in Canada and am doing family research. My grandfather served in WW! and much of his family served in both wars. I am trying to find information regarding H. Veryard. I have located a Royal Navy cap, marked on the band HMS Sultan. Information seems to indicate it was a British ship used in WW2. Does anyone have a list of the crew who served on the HMS Sultan? I have tried to search on  the National Archives as recommended but hjave had no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

During WW2 HMS Sultan was minesweeper depot ship in Portsmouth. Also the accounting base shore establishment in Singapore.