The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

WANTED INFORMATION

Stephen White

COULD ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION PLEASE ON MY GRANDAD PRIVATE GEORGE WHITE 1863 2ND BATTALION ROYAL WARWICKSHIRES. HE IS BURIED AT BOULOGNE AND DIED IN MARCH 1915. ANY INFO ABOUT HIS MOVEMENTS BEFORE HIS DEATH WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. ALSO HE WAS PREVIOUSLY A SOLDIER BEFORE 1901 ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HIS REGIMENT AND SERVICE AT THAT TIME WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

MANY THANKS

STEVEN WHITE

Steven

Are you any relation to NIGEL, perchance?

Amazing co-incidence that you've both posted information requests and you both have an almost identical style of writing - right down to the use of capitals.

You'll find info about how to trace a soldier's movements on the mother site (unless "Nigel" has already told you)

Have a good day ;)

John

Steven

Are you any relation to NIGEL, perchance?

Amazing co-incidence that you've both posted information requests and you both have an almost identical style of writing - right down to the use of capitals.

You'll find info about how to trace a soldier's movements on the mother site (unless "Nigel" has already told you)

Have a good day ;)

John

John You old cynic...................mere coincidence that Nigel & Steven were standing next to each other in the queue outside the recruiters & were given consecutive service numbers for the Baker Pals :P

mere coincidence that Nigel & Steven were standing next to each other in the queue outside the recruiters & were given consecutive service numbers for the Baker Pals :P

Just like all those brothers who joined up together.

From CWGC website

1863 Pte George White

2nd Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regt

Died 21/03/1915

Age 38

Husband of Jane White 79 Plume Street Aston Birmingham

Grave reference III D 45

hope this helps

RUMBLED !! YES NIGEL AND I ARE RELATED ALTHOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET.HIS MOTHER AND MY FATHER ARE COUSINS.GEORGE WHITE IS OUR JOINT GREAT GRANDFATHER.NIGEL ORIGINALLY CONTACTED ME AFTER I PUT A POSTING ON THE IRON HARVESTER WEB SITE.SOME ADDITIONAL INFO ON GEORGE'HE SERVED PREVOIUSLY IN THE 6TH ROYAL WARWICKSHIRE REGIMENT,SERVICE NO.7536,HE LEFT SOME TIME IN 1901/1902.HE WAS STILL A CIVILIAN IN 1907 WHEN ONE OF HIS CHILDREN WERE BORN.I'VE ALREADY BEEN TO KEW HIS 2ND BATTALION SERVICE RECORDS ARE NOT AMONG THE SERVIVING "BURNT DOCUMENTS".DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE HIS PRE WW1 6TH ROYAL WARWICKSHIRE SERVICE RECORDS MIGHT BE ??GEORGE DOESN'T SHOW UP ON THE 1901 CENSUS WERE HE AND HIS REGIMENT ABROAD ?? THANKS FOR THE REPLIES SO FAR, CHEERS :unsure: