The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Value of Victory medal?

GWRCo

:P

Can any member help out with the following please?

A friend of mine who won (as first prize) a 14-18 victory medal in a military competition, would like to know what the current market value of it is worth.

The details that came with a copy of his entitlements shows his details as Nicholas Sheridan, 2ndBtn Connaught Rangers, pte, service No; 8940. The copy also shows that he was entitled to the British war medal and the 1914 star.

The friend has tried looking on the internet, and phoned a few medal dealers, and he is under the impression that they can be bought from a couple of pounds (depending on the regiment concerned), right up to £100+ !!

He has emphasised that he does not intend to sell it/trade it, as he fully intends to research the service records of the soldier concerned.

The ribbon is not original, and the condition of the medal itself (although dirty and in need of a clean) apart from a few 'dings' around the edgeing, and a couple of small scratches, is pretty good.

Any help at all would be very greatly appreciated!

GWRCo

;)

Hi Ian,

Hope u had a good chrimbo! Many thanx for letting me know, i'll pass the value on to my friend.

Many thanx once again.

GWRCo