The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

German Army at Passchendaele

Halder

Not sure if this has been asked / answered before, if so apologies.

Is this book available in paperback or is a paperback version planned, I ask as I travel a lot (which enables me great reading time) and paperbacks are much easier to transport round than 400 page hardbacks.

Thanks for any help.

• 3 months later...

Got this book and really enjoyed it. I normally read fast but between the font and the detail and density of the material the first read was quite slow. Like all of us I dare say I have read a lot of books on Passchendaele over the years and is is great to read it from the German side, up until now for me they have just been shadowy figures lurking in pill boxes, bodies scattered around or prisoners. It will take another couple of readings before I have extracted all the material, will be looking to get my hands on Jack Sheldons other books. Great book - recommend it.

James

Thank you both for your kind words. I am pleased to see that you have found the book to be useful - it is agreat encouragement to me as I labour away to finish the current one, which is about Ypres 1914.

Jack

• 1 year later...

I'm really enjoying this book. Great work Mr. Sheldon. This book has really raised the esteem of the Kaiser's army in my eyes.

• 2 months later...

Just started reading this book,and i must say it's great to get the German perspective as sometimes we only get one side of the story ,i look forward to other books by Jack.