The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Book wanted please

Mike Hodges

Hi There

Does anybody have a hardback copy of MEN OF 18 by Frederick Hodges Please they wish to sell

also just read Ben Elton's First Casualty cracker of a book. I'm looking for something in the same mould as First Casuatly anyone out there got any ideas

please..

Lancejack

Mike,

I know where there is a copy, but it's not for sale...

Try abebooks.co.uk or alibris.com or bookfinder.com?

Controversial opinion there... search on Ben Elton's book in this forum and wait for the torrent to fall. I think it would be balanced and fair to summarise the discussion as.. "it was not particularly well received"

Hi Phil

Many thanks for reply.

Ok then less about the Ben Elton Book.. :blush: ..Does this make up for the lack of bad taste in book reviews that I have... BEN ELTON'S NOT FUNNY <_< !!!!!!! Well I dont think so

2nd question

Can anyone put me onto a good read then .........

Regards

The wacko book reviewer :rolleyes:

Mike,

Available at Amazon new and used from £6.99 see this link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Men-1918-Frederick...596&sr=1-28

Apparently if you order through link on Long, Long Trail a cut goes to Chris Baker, founder, owner and administrator of this site

Peter

Goodness, never thought of trying Amazon; thought it would have long since disappeared from their radar. Snap it up at that price; a quick trip to abebooks finds 2 copies, one in Northamptonshire, one in Florida (!) in the ballpark of £14 each!