The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

David Lynch 114256 Manchester Regiment

Guest vintner

Vintner

It would help us if you could post what your interest is in this guy and, perhaps, what you already know. It will help us point you in the right direction. For example, have you any idea as to what battalion of the regiment he served with. Was he killed. Etc. Etc.

Glad you made your first post and I look forward to many more from you.

John

I can add that he wasn't killed (according to the SDGW CD anyway!). Judging by his number, it seems like one of the territorial numbers, but doesn't look quite right for one of those (and it's rather high for a regular or Service Bn also).

Was he possibly transferred from another unit? The other alternative is one of the garrison battalions. Some soldiers had similar numbers in these. Ive come across a few similar numbers for the Manchesters in their (slightly misleading) 53rd Battalion (I know there wasn't 53 battalions, but this existed, believe me!!!! :blink: ).

Anyway, similar to what John said, the more you can supply us with, the more we'll probably be able to offer.

Dave.

PS. Welcome to the forum :D

Vintner

Reading Dave's post, I've checked the Soldiers Died CD. There are no 114??? series soldiers listed. Sorry to ask a daft question - but are you sure the number is correct?

John