The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Has anyone read this book please

dobbin

I have just read this book which deals with the 1/17th London ( Poplar and Stepney) Battalion the East End Regiment on The Western Front .Could some of you knowledgable folk give me your views on it. I found it imformative especially for me The attack on Eaucourt L Abbaye pages 91 to 93 where my ancestor died. I found the resume at the beggining about the people of The East End of London Bow etc very much as my Mum explained it so it gave you some feeling about the social background of those boys who ended up in The Poplars. Colin

• 2 weeks later...

I reviewed this book for the WFA magazine and worst still it was published..can't recall exactly when but in the last couple of years.

IMHO well worth buying an exceelent read and value for money,especially for the coverage of Loos.

There has been a previous thread on this book in any case.....

I reviewed this book for the WFA magazine and worst still it was published..can't recall exactly when but in the last couple of years.

IMHO well worth buying an exceelent read and value for money,especially for the coverage of Loos.

There has been a previous thread on this book in any case.....

Thanks I will try to find the previous thread. I tried various keywords for a search but withouy success before I made my posting C

Clive,

If you can't find the thread pm me and I'll sort details out from my copy.....it did I seem to recall have an ISBN and obtainable from the guy who wrote it......well my copy came form him....at less than £10

Clive,

If you can't find the thread pm me and I'll sort details out from my copy.....it did I seem to recall have an ISBN and obtainable from the guy who wrote it......well my copy came form him....at less than £10

Thanks N I had read the book but I wanted to discuss a few points with anyone else who had read it too. I had a communication with the authour last week after contacting him. Thanks Colin