The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

In praise of Pen and Sword

huytonhoofer

Thought I'd take this opportunity to deliver parise where it's due. Earler this week I purchased "Durham Pals" from Amazon. On checking the nominal rolls for the 22nd Battalion I noticed a printing error on a number of pages that gave only first and no surnames. Disappointed or what?

I rattled a nice email off to Pen and Sword yesterday and thanks to the efforts of a nice young lady by the name of Nicola today I have received the full nominal rolls for the 18th, 19th and 22nd Battalions.

Now thats what I call service.

Well done Pen and Sword.

Only ever had good service from them, especially when ordering battlefield guilds a few days before departure and they manage to get them out to you before you leave.

Hi,

While we are all praising the fast response of Pen & Sword - their staff are very nice - can you just remind me why they had to be so quick in response? Wasn't it something about slapdash printing and a total lack of quality control ruining an author's hard work? It might have been better if they had printed the nominal roles correctly in the first place! Still you've got to love them!

Pete

To err is human. to forgive is divine.

Next time I buy a Pen and Sword Book I'll scrutinise every word and castigate them for every mistake they make. :rolleyes:

In this day and age it's encouraging to see people owning up to their mistakes and trying to rectify them quickly ( which they did once pointed out). Many a company would have ignored me. To P & S credit they didn't fob me off but put right the wrong over and above what was expected of them.

I may have been unlucky in the QC system, I don't know but I forgive them.