The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

4th. Canadian Siege Battery

Colin.j

By October 22nd. 1918, the 2nd. Brigade Canadian Garrison Artillery had reached Marquette-en-Ostrevand, when the Brigade was ordered forward but to leave their heaviest howitzers behind. This included the 4th. Siege Battery, which was now transferred to the control of the 275th. Siege Battery, R.G.A. On November 28th. the 4th. C.S.B. was transferred to the 3rd. Brigade Canadian Garrison Artillery, who were at that time located in Mons, and then in nearby St. Symphonien. Their task was to clear the area of discarded ammunition, both German and allied. My question is, where were the 4th. C.S.B. during the rest of the month of October/November and what were they doing?

By October 22nd. 1918, the 2nd. Brigade Canadian Garrison Artillery had reached Marquette-en-Ostrevand, when the Brigade was ordered forward but to leave their heaviest howitzers behind. This included the 4th. Siege Battery, which was now transferred to the control of the 275th. Siege Battery, R.G.A. On November 28th. the 4th. C.S.B. was transferred to the 3rd. Brigade Canadian Garrison Artillery, who were at that time located in Mons, and then in nearby St. Symphonien. Their task was to clear the area of discarded ammunition, both German and allied. My question is, where were the 4th. C.S.B. during the rest of the month of October/November and what were they doing?

The unit's War Diaries can be found here:

http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/...amp;r=1&f=G

Ken S

Thank you for that. I found the Brigade War Diaries some time ago but hadn't found the Battery ones. I can now complete my research in my uncle's war service. Thanks again.

Colin Jackson