The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

9th Sherwood Foresters

Steven Broomfield

Mr B- your copy will self destruct if you go near it. I could though sell you a copy to read before Xmas :rolleyes:

look on the bright side Mr B - I haven't read it either yet :blush: To busy signing copies.

Concerning the inscriptions - I doubt anyone could forge mine. I will though keep my 'staples' signature stamp safe.

You will also be the only person with a copy signed 'To Daddy B, Lots of love , your darling family - lots of kisses'

sm

I am on BBC Radio Derby tomorrow (Thursday) at 2.45 pm - does that mean I am nearly famous and can charge high fees for guest appearances on the forum? :D

Seriously - I am humbled by the goodwill shown to me and the positive comments. I am so pleased that my men now have the recognition they so richly deserved.

stevem

How did it go on the radio Steve?

Well I think!! It coincided with the Sherwoods (sorry Mercian Regiment) Marching through Derby. I did though end up with queries on every N & D Battalion. My wife was impressed that not one 'nervous' cough was heard!

I have also found fame in the Ripley and Heanor News :D Flippin relatives will be phoning for a free book now.

I also have lots of new 9th men to fit in :blush:

steve

Cor! Lives of the rich and famous, eh?

Might have a couple of former 9th men for you too if you are interested. Found them while looking them up for a 'Forumite'. Both were killed while serving with the 15th but the BWM/VM roll has them as 9th Bn originally.

Let me know if you want me to pop them along to you.

• 6 months later...

Hi Steve my Friend,

the Book arrived today, I love its green jacket.

I look forward to begin to read it during the weekend. Thank you very much for the dedicace

Very Friendly

Michel