The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

new booklet about tanks around Ypres

JVB

Chris Baker allowed me to inform you about a new booklet that recently appeared under

the wings of the Poelcapelle 1917 Association ( working around the Guynemer monument and a Mark IV tank) by Robert Baccarne ( known of other works in Dutch together with Jan Steen) concerning Poelcapelle in 1917 and the trial of wrecked tanks towards it. This work was witten by him upon a question of the P1917A about some historical background for the tankproject of the Tank Group of P1917A. It turned out to be a whole booklet !

This is in no way a commercial initiative and the amount available is also limited : money invested is by the family Baccarne itself. When any money would be over it will to the benefit of the Tank Project. But the main reason for this booklet is to bring into attention the role of the tanks in the 3rd battle of Ypres and especially onto the way between Ypres over St.-Julien, Cockcroft/Kerselaere unto Poelcapelle.

I thought some guys might be interested in it.

leaflet%20tankbooklet.gif

I was at the presentation a couple of weeks ago. The book is well worth reading and the proceeds are going to a very good and exciting cause. I had a chat with Robert and he really impressed me. The presentation put on by the P1917A was also excellent. Even my wife Barbara found it enjoyable - so it must be good.

Johan and his team deserve our support.

Could I pick up a copy on 8th Johan please.

Stevem

I

Could I pick up a copy on 8th Johan please.

Stevem

Ok Steven, I'll bring some with me. Posting to UK costs 5€.

Johan Vanbeselaere

P1917A

What does the book consist of in the way of pages/maps/photographs ?

Mick D

It's an A5, 110 pages booklet with text, photographs and handdrawn maps.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I was wodering if any of you are having problems receiving this book. I sent my Euro 20 to the auther as per the address on the flyer posted above in early January and so far have had no response. I also sent a PM to JVB to see if he could help but again no reply.

Any other suggestions what to do welcomed. Those who have sent for the book, could you tell me if I am panicing or should I just hang on a little longer?

Tanks3

Hello everyone,

I was wodering if any of you are having problems receiving this book. I sent my Euro 20 to the auther as per the address on the flyer posted above in early January and so far have had no response. I also sent a PM to JVB to see if he could help but again no reply.

Any other suggestions what to do welcomed. Those who have sent for the book, could you tell me if I am panicing or should I just hang on a little longer?

Tanks3

I would not worry. I am not sure if they are print on demand. I have met Robert and Johan and sometimes it takes a while!

If you do not get it in say a week, PM me and I will send you Johan's email address.

stevem