The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Brig.-Gen. H.C. Rees

Walter Kortooms

Brigadier-General H.C. Rees, 150th Brigade 50th Division, was taken P.O.W. on 27th May 1918 on the Chemin des Dames. The next day Brig.-Gen. Rees met the Kaiser on 28th May 1918 on the Winterberg (Plateau de Californie). In the book “Last of the Ebb” by Sidney Rogerson there are 2 photographs of this “happy” occasion.

Brig.-Gen. was repatriated in december 1918.

Is there more information about this meeting and where can I find more information about Brig.-Gen. Rees (Regiment, life before and after the war, etc…).

Thanks,

Walter Kortooms

Walter

You will find a lot of the information you require in "Bloody Red Tabs" p 183, by Frank Davies and Graham Maddocks, Leo Cooper 1995.

ISBN 0 85052 463 6

Terry Reeves

Apologies for late reply - been out of the country and am catching up on postings! H.C.Rees left a lengthy accountof his war service at the Imperial War Museum and this can be viewed by visitors. Covers (as I recall) the details of his capture, meeting with the Kaiser etc. and his other service, part of which was with the 38th Welsh Division, hence my interest.

Bernard Lewis

Guest John Orfei

Andrew,

Not at all, my mistake I really should be wearing my B) . However, the site in question I found very intriguing. Thank's again.

Regards, John