The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Diamond War Memorial Project

rob elliott

Although this is strictly not a book and as such it may not warrent inclusion for a book review, i believe it to be worthy.

'The Diamond War Memorial Project commemorative diary 2008'.

This a a filofax size year diary, that on a daily basis commemorates by name the fallen of Londonderry.

There are 752 names currently on the war memorial for the 1st War. The diary names them all, plus some that were found to be missing.

For the 1st July [1916] there are 115 names alone.

There are random stories of individual soldiers named plus a lot of nice photograpghs running through-out.

This only costs £5 and was supported by the Heritage lottery fund and is a cross community effort, well worth the money.

I understand it will not be a large run as being a diary it will have a limited life.

Rob

• 1 year later...
Although this is strictly not a book and as such it may not warrent inclusion for a book review, i believe it to be worthy.

'The Diamond War Memorial Project commemorative diary 2008'.

This a a filofax size year diary, that on a daily basis commemorates by name the fallen of Londonderry.

There are 752 names currently on the war memorial for the 1st War. The diary names them all, plus some that were found to be missing.

For the 1st July [1916] there are 115 names alone.

There are random stories of individual soldiers named plus a lot of nice photograpghs running through-out.

This only costs £5 and was supported by the Heritage lottery fund and is a cross community effort, well worth the money.

I understand it will not be a large run as being a diary it will have a limited life.

Rob

Hi Rob, David Mc Menemy here, we met once in Birmingham but kinda lost touch since. I would be interested in having one of these diaries if any are still available and also I notice with interest that you mention an update of Three Cheers for the Derry's? be nice to have a copy of that as well. Let me know please.