The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

RFA Battery / details

Yorts

Hi,

Trying to trace some details on the above named offcier, Lt. N.A.S. Wallis RFA. I've got his MIC and army list entries but his service reocrd is not at the PRO. Can anyone add any details regarding him, for instance the unit he serve with. That way I could try for a war diary.

Rgds,

Alex.

Alex: Is your man "NAS Wallis" or "NAW Wallis"? I can't find an "NAS Wallis" but there is a

Lt Norman Alexander Wellington Wallis, RFA

Born 24 Oct 1894; the son of Alexander Robert Wallis of Invercargill, New Zealand

Attend Christ College, New Zealand from Feb 09 to 1912 where he was a Prefect and a member of the Shooting VIII.

Later served in the RFA as an Adjutant and Lieutenant

After the war was a Timber Merchant at Greymouth.

To this point I have not been able to determine a unit for him.

The reason you can't find his papers at the PRO is that he was still in the Regular Army Reserve of Officers, Royal Artillery, R. F. A., Class III in October 1943.

Regards. Dick Flory

Sources: Christ College Register, 1950; October 1943 Army List; October 1917 Quarterly Army List.

Dick,

Thanks for your reply - that's my man. You've given me some very good leads there, thankyou. NAS was a typo on my part that I reiterated, cheers for putting me straight. You're the pool of all knowledge on RA!

Thanks again,

Alex.