The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Charles Bezant Dulmen POW camp 1917

Guest deb

Hi

My daughter has a postcard from a Red Cross society, regardeing a Charles M Bezant born 19-11-1887.

The postcard was sent to a Mrs C Coron 1 Park Street Derby England.

I can find no information on either of these people.

Charles Bezant was pte No 18325 of the Bedfords regiment and was shot in the arm. Taken prisoner at Beaumont Hamel on 11-2-1917, then transferred from Cambrai to Dulmen in W Germany.

Any info' would be of great interest

best wishes

Deb

I'm very interested in DULMEN (my G Grandfather was there in 1917, he had been captured in November) I would be very interested to see the postcard. Would you scan it pse and put on thread

Guest Pete Wood

According to the newly released MIC cards - click here to see the file your man was in 6Bn Bedfordshire Regt.

It might be worth paying the £3 to get a bit more info, if you can't get to the PRO.

The name Coron is far from common. Most of the Derbyshire people appear, from the 1901 census, to be from the Clifton and Compton district.

Is it possible for you to put a picture of the postcard, with the details, on the forum?

Some of us have just written up the index to the PoW database which will be going live on this site (in the Long, Long Trail - click up on the top left of this page) once it has been checked for errors, so keep an eye out to see if your chap is mentioned.