The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Naval & Military Press - slow delivery ?

aramsay

I ordered some books online on 29th Feb. with Naval & Military Press, but nothing has arrived yet.

I have sent them a few e-mails to enquire about the progress of my order, but no-one has replied yet.....

Does anyone have a different e-mail to order.dept@naval-military-press.com that I could try ?

aramsay

I've placed two orders with N&M this year. One was delivered by Royal Mail in remarkably good time. The other came with a courier, was very slow, and was left, unsigned for, outside the wrong house. Fortunately householder was honest and brought the parcel to me.

I would recommend you try phoning. They answer quickly because it may be an order coming through.

Good luck

Garth

Very difficult to guage when they will deliver. My experience has been that they might take 5 days or sometimes up to 15 days. And they don't tell you, unless you enquire, if they are waiting for stock to come in. Most deliveries I have had have been within the week though from ordering.

I have had a few very slow deliveries from N&MP. If you telephone them they will let you know which books they are waiting for.

I've been waiting quite a while for my latest order, probably about four weeks but I can't remember the order date exactly. I rang a week or two ago to query the order and was told that it would be a few days before it was desptached.

Still waiting.

Ken

I too had slow delivery. An email or two arrived to advise progress but it took a couple of days to arrive after the email advising 'Your order has been shipped'. However, all arrived safelyin good condition. You'll notice that the payment is taken very speedily.

Bernard

I've never had anything but extremely slow delivery from them and condequently don't use them any more unless I have to. A shame as there's a good selection of books, but i'm an impatient ******* !!

Mark

never had a problem until the last time took nearly five weeks to turn up. Rang them twice and got told two books were out of stock and waiting and in fairness they came in when they said they would. However when the delivery turned up one of the books that was in, suddenly was not!!! It did however turn up two days later.

regards

Arm

I tend to find that they sell their titles at the lowest price on ABE. Deliveries then are normally pretty quick - perhaps they reserve titles that they list on such sites, rather than ones on the main list.

Keith

I find it quicker to order from ABE. longest wait I had was around 3 months.

Mick

Have the same problem- awaiting suppliers.

Quick response by addressing e mail "FAO Lee Samson" at the e mail address referred to. This is a address made public on the company communications structure.

You can also trace you order on the website but the information given is in the company standard query format, "order not progressed etc"

I've had the same problem in the past.

But they've never let me down

Yes its true- at times they are slow but at the end of the day, they have an excellent selection of books and their prices are good (some excellent offers too). Gary is helpful and I am sure it will help if you call him.

When they see the negative feedback here, they are sure to act, but I hope forum members dont use the forum to bring any suppliers name into dis-repute.Always try and resolve issues with the suppliers first.

I had two books delivered by air mail last Friday, I ordered them in November last year.

I suspect on short run publications they'll hold your order until they get enough to get the printers to do a job lot.

I really wanted the books and was prepared to wait, but it did get up my nose when I enquired of them as to the whereabouts of my books & got no response.

Still, they do publish what we all want!

Jim

Whilst I have commented about the delivery timescales, must add my praise regarding the speed with which they answered my questions regarding the effect of Spyware on their Trench Map CD and how to get over related problems. Turned from very concerned user to having fully working disc in not that many minutes

Bernard

PS if you have any problems with the CD and Spyware remember that uninstalling the disc does not uninstall the disc protection system - you need to uninstall C-Dilla as well

I have had a few very slow deliveries from N&MP. If you telephone them they will let you know which books they are waiting for.

I've been waiting quite a while for my latest order, probably about four weeks but I can't remember the order date exactly. I rang a week or two ago to query the order and was told that it would be a few days before it was desptached.

Still waiting.

Ken

And still waiting....

i once waited 3 months for books to come and after 1 phone call they arrived. i phoned them back to thank them only to be told that they had't yet sent me my replacments they were in fact my original order of 3 months previous. apart from that one hiccup i've never had a problem.