The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

ERNEST JOHN BOOKER

Kirkes Lamb

My Paternal Grandfather Ernest John Booker served in the Gt War and survived. I wonder if anyone has any information to hand on him? He could have lived in either Surrey,Sussex, kent, Hampshire or Buckinghamshire ( the family moved around a lot!). I think he may have served in the RAVC but not sure!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks kindly

My Paternal Grandfather Ernest John Booker served in the Gt War and survived. I wonder if anyone has any information to hand on him? He could have lived in either Surrey,Sussex, kent, Hampshire or Buckinghamshire ( the family moved around a lot!). I think he may have served in the RAVC but not sure!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks kindly

Perhaps not the right place in book reviews...do you have any service papers or looked at the soldiers records at the NA to perhaps help us identify his unit?

Perhaps not the right place in book reviews...do you have any service papers or looked at the soldiers records at the NA to perhaps help us identify his unit?

Sorry-you are 100% right,my mistake!

I am afraid I dont have any documents but believe he was in the Vetinary Corps

Any help would be welcome.

I am based in the UAE so cant get to the National Archives for some time!

Thanks

Hi here's a possible MIC

Mel

Very many thanks indeed-it will help me get on to the trail for further research now.