The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Roll of Honour 1914-18 The East Lancashire Regiment

royalgarrisonartillery

I was wondering if any of the pals has a copy of this book?

Roll of Honour: The Great War,1914-18 - The East Lancashire Regiment

by R.R. Walsh.

What I am really interested in knowing is are their photographs of soldiers within this publication? I am researching Pte Alfred Cook 1/5th East Lancs from Blackburn, who died on 26 August 1918 and desperately want to try and uncover a photograph of him.

Alternatively, would the local Blackburn papers have printed an obiturary for Alfred which may have contained a photograph?

Any and all help is always very much appreciated.

Tom

If it's the book that I'm thinking of, it's just a listing which has basically been compiled from SDGW (possibly) and CWGC records. Nothing in it that can't be found elsewhere.

As to whether the Blackburn papers printed an obituary, well, that was up to his relatives really. There is a high chance that an obituary does appear , but as to whether there's a photo with it, who knows?

Dave

If it's the book that I'm thinking of, it's just a listing which has basically been compiled from SDGW (possibly) and CWGC records. Nothing in it that can't be found elsewhere.

As to whether the Blackburn papers printed an obituary, well, that was up to his relatives really. There is a high chance that an obituary does appear , but as to whether there's a photo with it, who knows?

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll try and contact the Blackburn papers direct.

Tom